What is 4Matrix?
4Matrix is a powerful, remarkably low-cost, SQL
database-driven networked application that is designed to look and feel like other Microsoft
software packages such as Office. It can be used across a school network by all teachers
and managed by a data manager. Teachers can use 4Matrix to investigate the effectiveness of teaching and
learning - without needing to be statisticians.
4Matrix provides power tools for use at key stages 3, 4 and 5, which can be used to analyse, compare, forecast and report on the performance of subjects, the quality of learning, the progress made by different groups of pupils, and the consistency and impact of teaching. 4Matrix will import and automatically process rich data directly from all major MIS in minutes, or you can easily copy and paste from spreadsheets. Any number of data series can be imported into 4Matrix, including exam results, Levels, estimated grades or target grades.
4Matrix is a networked solution which will keep your sensitive data securely within your school, but it can also be used from home using MS Remote Apps, VPN or an application like Teamviewer. During 2016 we will be releasing a 'Go Anywhere' version of 4Matrix
Our brilliant new solution to Assessing Without Levels was launched at the BETT 2016 show and will be available to users as a free update in March.
Why does our school need it?
- 4Matrix is the most powerful system available to manage the performance of pupils across their subjects
- It will process your examination results into reports on Exam Results Day in minutes
- You can do much more with the data in your Management Information System (MIS)
- It provides the essential professional tools to support the work of the knowledge-driven, self-evaluating school
- It can help your school demonstrate Outstanding Leadership through the use of performance data
What does 4Matrix do?
- 4Matrix will easily import data from all major MIS as well as from spreadsheets
- Produce all your performance reports on Exam Results day in minutes
- Identify key intervention groups, and forecast next year's headline results to within 2-5%
- Automatically calculate Progress 8, Levels of Progress and Value Added for all pupils
- Provide evidence of the impact of interventions, including Pupil Premium
- Show the impact of teaching for every teaching group
- Gives teachers the most effective set of data tools for undertaking research into teaching and learning
Why is 4Matrix essential for managing pupil progress?
- 4Matrix offers the most sophisticated Progress 8 performance tool available
- The Flight Path tool provides a powerful system for analysing the journey of pupils in their subjects
- The Transition Matrices tool will produce photo-reports to show the progress made by pupils in any category
- The VA Target tool checks that whatever method you use to set targets is effective in leading to positive Value Added for all pupils
How can 4Matrix help schools support effective teaching?
- Teachers can investigate learning effectiveness across their classes through an action-research approach
- 4Matrix can produce essential reports on the impact of teaching to support Performance Management and Ofsted inspection preparation
- 4Matrix will provide quantitative evidence to support Gap Analysis and the impact of intervention on the performance of groups of pupils
How can 4Matrix support Outstanding school leaders?
Many schools are already using 4Matrix to take greater control over their inspection. Our high-impact training event, Systemic Knowledge-Driven Leadership, is based on the effective use of the 4Matrix system, and has already helped many school leaders achieve an Outstanding Leadership grading from Ofsted.
How can our school get started with 4Matrix?
Getting started is simple. Senior school staff can order 4Matrix from the Sign Up link and have it up and running the
same day. You get the first month free and you can cancel your order if not completely satisfied. 4Matrix is easily installed on a server in around 15-20 minutes - or on a
stand-alone PC if you wish to immediately see the power of 4Matrix using our
demonstration school database. Then use it with your own school data and wonder
how you ever managed without it.
4Matrix is very good, and inexpensive for what it does. Don't take our word for it - click this link and see for yourself what headteachers and others say about 4Matrix.
“I cannot recommend 4Matrix highly enough"
- Alan Yellup, Executive Headteacher,
Wakefield City Academy
“4Matrix is brilliant! We recommend it without reservation."
- Kenny Frederick, Principal, George Green School
“On Results Day we shared our successes easily with everyone in the Federation"
- David Sheppard, Executive Headteacher,
“4Matrix is the most brilliant piece of data analysis software I have seen"
- Ian Crews, Vice Principal, Bodmin College
“4Matrix allows SLT to forensically analyse performance"
- Tony Ryan, Headteacher, Chiswick School
"Wow! We have been bowled over by the power of 4Matrix"
- Ged Ward, Headteacher, Macclesfield High School
“Ofsted were very impressed with our use of 4Matrix"
- Steve Griffiths, Deputy Headteacher, Longton High School
“4Matrix is a fantastic product - the best and most comprehensive on the market "
- Tobias Hacker, Data Manager, Christ's School
"Ofsted accepted our 4Matrix predictions without further discussion"
- Richard Ayre, Vice Principal, The Brittons Academy
"4Matrix is rocket fuel for the self-evaluating school"
- Tom Cassidy, Vice Principal, Paddington Academy
“4Matrix is the Holy Grail for Data Managers!"
- Tanveer Butt, Data Manager
“I was amazed that I was analysing results within minutes"
- Damien Griffiths, Director of Education Technology, Dubai British School
“4Matrix is an amazing piece of software.
It is also incredibly good value"
- Claire Hobbs, Assistant Headteacher
“The SKDL training was a highly positive experience"
- Tim-Tim Chambers, Assistant Principal, Airedale Academy
“4Matrix has been a key driver in helping us raise standards"
- Helen Lewis, Headteacher, Tasker Milward School
"4Matrix is a fantastic application"
- Graeme Watson, Data Manager,
Woodham Community Technology College
"Awesome results analysis today
- Claire Devereux, Deputy Headteacher,
Swakeleys School for Girls
"What a toolbox 4Matrix is! It is fabulous!"
- Les Glasby, Assistant Principal,
Tendring Technology College